When we are perceived either by others or by ourselves to be successful, to have achieved a good outcome after an event we are happy. This is probably not unnatural but is it right that we base our happiness on event outcomes alone?
The truth is that when we base our happiness on the outcome of events and only the outcome of events then we limit our happiness. We limit our own ability to see beyond the things we do and the things we achieve. By achieving what are perceived as good outcomes from events where we and or others gain as a result to the exclusion of some we do not gain from our ability to be happy from giving.
The real secret of happiness from success is to be happy when we gain and to be happy when we give.
Striving for more for ourselves is a positive but striving for more for others even more of a positive.
Give as much as you gain and you will find happiness.
Success = Gain
Success = Giving
Success = Happiness
- Why happiness matters in more ways than you think (triciainflow.wordpress.com)
- Mindfulness Does Not Lead To Happiness (psychologytoday.com)
- Achieving your goals in odd ways (shazjones.wordpress.com)
- Success vs. Happiness (alvaradojuan396.wordpress.com)
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Make You Happy And Successful (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Happiness Project (talkandtouch.wordpress.com)
- My Current Rules (hellomarina.wordpress.com)
- Seeking Approval Of Others; Do You Find Yourself Doing This? (thegoodmotherproject.com)
- Happiness (clbriant38.wordpress.com)
- Tarot Card Reading…Self (householderjournal.wordpress.com)